Recipe for Success
Grade Six Recipe for Success
Recipe for Success
"For we are God's masterpiece, created in Christ Jesus to do good works, which God prepared in advance for us to do" Ephesians 2:10.
Below are a few pieces of information that will be helpful for you and your parents. Please read them carefully.
- Grade 6’s have moved away from paper agendas
- New this year is our Google calendar which can accessed through the e-teacher page on the school’s website.
- Please refer to it for important dates, test information, memory work, etc.
- Monthly newsletters will be posted on the e-teacher pages.
- Please watch for the weekly parent email from CCES.
Homework is an important part of learning. Here are a few things you’ll want to know.
- A week’s notice will be given to study for a unit test. Often, a study guide will be sent home as well. Small quizzes will be given less notice.
- If homework is not completed we may ask you to complete it during recess time.
- 20 minutes of daily reading is expected. Please monitor this at home.
- Each week students are expected to practice math 3 times a week using their Mathletics account. Students have been given their passwords during the first week of school.
- Regular practice of PAT part A (multiplication, division, addition and subtraction) will be given to all math groups monthly.
- Occasionally, unfinished work will be sent home.
- For extra challenges please visit www.2learn.ca.
Bible Memory Work
Each month you will be given a short passage to memorize. It will be given at the beginning of the month and you will have to memorize it for later that month.
- You may say your memory work before it is due.
- If you don’t want to say your memory work out loud you may write it out on paper during school time.
Mr. Vriend is the homeroom teacher for 6V and Science for all three grade 6 classes. Ms. Groeneveld is the homeroom teacher for 6G and Social Studies for all three grade 6 classes. Mrs. Gooliaff teaches PE and Art to all three classes.
There are a few other teachers you will have.
- Amy Gatus for Music
- Madame Smith for French
For P.E. students will be provided with a t-shirt that they are expected to change into for P.E. class. Students should bring a bag to school to store their gym strip, deodorant and spare shirt. String backpacks are a great choice. Students should also have proper gym shoes. Please no spray deodorant.
All the grade six classes will have Library on Monday. Please make sure that your child brings their library books back.
Students love celebrating birthdays. If you would like to bring a snack to share with the class, please remember our “no nut” school policy. Please plan for 24 students in each class.
The following is a sampling of the off-site field trips planned for this year.
- Calgary Campus: Open Minds at City Hall School
- COP Ski and Snowboard Day
- Camp Chestermere
- Youth Link
Communication with teachers is essential. We’re open to any questions or concerns that you may have. Please feel free to contact us through email.Click here to email Mr. Vriend
As your teachers this year, we promise to respect you. You’re God’s creation and He has created you with a special purpose in mind. We will strive to help you discover your gifts. Together, we’ll celebrate our successes and work through the hard times. The whole world belongs to God, including our class, let’s work together to honour and praise Him!